Thursday, April 15, 2010

EuroDisc Frolics... Laserdiscs!!

Ah yes...DRAGON!  I remember getting absurdly large orders filled by them, and then seeing some titles go on EMERGENCY SALE (aka, oh my god, the police!!!) back in the day.  I never saw the Nightmare Concert LD (was this one in PAL?)...and though most of the Dragon ones claim PAL format, they were indeed NTSC. 
EC Entertainment released some goodies as well, but I recall one particular story that involved them swiping a master from the transfer house working on the incredibly long delayed but eventually released THE BEYOND that ruffled a lot of feathers.
My favorite of the batch below is the amazing ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST that featured a good transfer, a stunning jacket AND two posters reproductions! 



3 comments:

Billy George said...

I love Zombie Holocaust...er I mean DR BUTCHER! Awesome posters.

Bruce said...

I bet that Meet The Feebles looks better then the crap DVD that came out years ago.

CiNEZiLLA said...

Yeah the Nightmare Concert was PAL. It came out of Austria, but I'm sure the Cult Epic's guys where involved with that one too. Cannibal Holocaust and Eaten Alive where also PAL I seem to recall. We used to sell them too, and we where shipped spare sleeves for marketing, which we ended up making Exclusive Rare Cannibal Holocaust clocks with for our best customers...

:)