Friday, January 15, 2010

Thriller-A Cruel Picture / They Call Her One Eye Annex 4

My 33rd post for my favorite Swedish trash film...and this one comes thanks to a screengrab from the always awesome Cinezilla in a review of the Norman J. Warren film TERROR.  Back when "Chrome" had the rights to Thriller I got a nice note from Mr. Warren about how much he liked Thriller and that he loved that his film was shown on a double feature with it.  Well, here is the poster-one I'd LOVE to own.  Satan's Slave is a great film as well-so this would have been a great night of trash cinema in a theatre!
Cinezilla also has a really good review of Thriller right here!


Check it out!

4 comments:

Valor said...

Hi David !
There's also a nice Thriller poster in Jean Rollin's new film "La Nuit des horloges":

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9301/vlcsnap265046.png

Jean Rollin told me he was scared stiff when he saw "Thriller" at the Cannes Film Festival in 1973. On his way back to the hotel, he expected "One Eye" to turn up and start shooting at him at any moment ! There's a whole page dedicated to this film in his autobiography : he thinks it is one of the best B-movies ever made ... Don't know where he got the poster though, I've never seen another one like this ... He also loves "Female Convict Scorpion Jailhouse 41" and there's a poster of that film on the other side of the door !

Keep up the good work !

Ninja Dixon said...

I met Richard, from Klubb Super 8 at party a couple of days ago, and he told me that Christina is a guestspeaker at The Göteborg Film Festival. She's gonna talk about everything she want's to talk about, and illustrate it with movie clips - and the last clip will be the final showdown from Thriller. I wish I could be there.

dfordoom said...

Satan's Slave and Thriller: A Cruel Picture would certainly be a dream double-bill. I adore Christina Lindberg, although my favourite movie of hers is the fantastically weird Japanese yakuza thriller Sex and Fury. With Christina as an English gambler/gunfighter, and great period costumes. And Christina's performance is superb, even though at the time she apparently couldn't speak Japanese or English.

I loved the fact that she was billed as Kurisuchina Rindobaagu!

CiNEZiLLA said...

David!
Thanks for the plug!

keep the greatness coming.

J