Thursday, January 14, 2010

Favorite European Trash Cinema Images - Ilsa, The Wicked Warden

 
The return of my favorite European Trash Cinema Images! Today we have a nifty bit of business from Jess Franco's Women In Prison epic Ilsa / Wanda / Greta, The Wicked Warden.  One of Jess' scuzziest for sure, there are many stand out sequences.  But for me, the bit with Dyanne Thorne and Lina Romay engaging in pin cushion play is just amazing. While the special effect is simple (Lina has ample bosom to cover the little strip of tape holding those pins up), the effect on me is very strong.  I've said it before and I'll say it again-over the course of Lina Romay's career she has impressed me with both her acting and her exhibitionism-this one combines both.  Watch for Thorne over acting beyond belief, but with hands trembling she applies the pins and Lina gives a great silent performance.  The doll head in the foreground is a nice Franco touch and reminds me of the title of one of his better later films, Broken Dolls.  In many ways, that summarizes the Franco vibe, his beautiful women are usually broken in some way-be they vampires or stupid spies or prison stool pigeons.  A great scene.


 

1 comment:

CiNEZiLLA said...

Neat!
Can't wait to see the next FETCI!

J.