Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Favorite European Trash Cinema Images - Matalo!

I could not get a solid screen grab of Lou Castel whipping around his Spaghetti Western Boomerang from the amazingly cool Psychedelic film MATALO from the Wild East DVD no matter how hard I tried, but I have to include this as one of my favorite images.  Matalo is a film I find fascinating and engrossing every time I see it, and could play host to at least a dozen of my favorite images (Claudia Gravy plays an incredible femme fatale!), so check out the bottom corner of this lobby card and there it is! 
Boomerangs, Fuzzbox Guitars and director Cesare Canevari (Gestapo's Last Orgy) going berserk with his strange visions of some kind of Killer Hippy Wild West all combine for one of the strangest Westerns ever...MATALO!



Never seen the film?  Check out this trailer and you will need it!



No comments: