Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday the 13th Link-Part 2

Another weekend approaches...so more links to keep you busy. Horror Roundtable week 4 is up! VERY interesting takes on the Masters Of Horror series and I was thrilled to see not one, not two, but 3 mentions of my favorite unrepresented Master. Don't forget to click the link to the main site, The Horror Blog. ALWAYS good for a clickity that one.
While Front Line Assembly is still kicking my head around music wise this week, I instantly fell in love with Cybernetic Fuckheadz on first listening. Super crunchy rhythmics and samples come splashing out of this project by Noisex and Hypnoskull. Worth seeking out if you are bored with drum n' bass being so bland of late and you like things loud and fast.
So I'm in the bookstore gawking at the epic WALL OF ROMANCE when this book captures my eye, Beyond The Pale-The Darkwing Chronicles. Yikes...vampire romance! Well, I couldn't help but check it out, and you can look at it as well by clicking the Amazon link and searching inside. So bizarre I kept on reading and will finish it up next time I'm in the shop sucking on a latte and dreaming of being a sexy vampiress warrior. Whee!
Nat at Mondo-Digital has a cool blog up giving you tons of obscure soundtracks at 7 Black Notes. GO, and get some. Grizzly rocked my world, and you can get the score to Cannibal Apocalypse as well.
Like Paul Naschy? Love great artwork?? Then you need THIS. Muchas Gracias, Senor Lobo looks fantastic and a book for any fan of the great man. Can NOT wait.
And finally, a video share. I love my pro wrestling (honestly, I'm a big fan...) and Lucha Libre is always fun to watch. Here is a nice video that has tons of cool spots. The first minute is fun to look at (mask highlights)-but it really picks up. Watch for the Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. stuff from Halloween Havoc, one of the great matches of all time. Rey is in full on pulp hero mode as the luchadore version of THE PHANTOM! Awesome.
Have a great weekend, some Penetrator action up next...





No comments: