Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SCUM! Revealed...and more Melki art

After posting up about the French paperbacks with those amazing covers, the owner of the always entertaining The Muller-Fokker Pulpbot Effect came to the rescue! I have to say this is amazing to me. I have only seen the Dobermann film and had no idea they were books (I'd love to read those!). And then you get a Coplan FX-18 (another movie I recently viewed!!) connection as well.

"SCUM is a short-lived french spy-fiction/war/erotic book series written by Joël Houssin (creator of the Dobermann) under the alias "David Rome". The "Kenny" in "Kenny Presents" is in fact Paul Kenny, creator of the french spy icon Coplan FX-18.
Cover art is from Melki, a famous french illustrator, mainly know for his movies posters in the eighties."

Thanks for the help! And I also received a nice mail from a fellow trash cinema fan codenamed VALOR that filled me in on Laurent Melki-and yet another huge score of fun. You can visit Melki online here.
Also check out this amazing gallery of images. THANK YOU Valor...hours of fun here!

Some Melki faves:

4 comments:

Dan said...

Way to get to the bottom of the story Z! Great stuff... looking forward to checking it out.

David A. Zuzelo said...

It was all my comment pals doing, I'll be sure to pop up more Melki though!

Kaushik Karforma said...

hello mr. zuzelo,

great fan of your blog and all that you discuss in it. if you like stuff like the dobermann, you can have a look at s.a.s malko linge at www.sasmalko.com and www.editionsgdv.com.

kaushik

David A. Zuzelo said...

Thank you very much! The SAS books look fantastic (Le sabre de Bin Laden!)