Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Horrors 2010!


Well, that didn't work out so well!  I had an unexpected, and exciting, opportunity come up this year during October, so I missed out on a lot of blogging. However, here is my attempt at 31 horror films this year. Short of the mark, though I do have until the end of the night to add a few more!
The numeric rating is from 1 to 10 for ENJOYMENT and not necessarily critical quality of course!  Why rate any other way??

Demons 6 : De Profundis 8
Caltiki 8
It's Alive 3-Island of the Alive 7
Piranha 2-The Spawning 7
Cross Of Seven Jewels 9
Sorority House Massacre 2 8
Witch Story 7
Baron Blood 9
Land of the Minotaur / Devil's Men 8
Terror Circus / Barn of the Naked Dead 7
Horror Show 9
The Ghoul 6
To The Devil, A Daughter 9
Horrible Dr. Hitchcock 9
The Ghost 8
Vampire and the Ballerina 8
The Thirsty Dead 6
Curse of the Crimson Altar 7
Fascination 8
Beast 4
Tales From The Crypt 7
The Crazies 8
Night of the Bloody Apes 10

2 comments:

AndyDecker said...

Some very good ratings :-)

"To the Devil, a Daughter" is such a train-wreck, a good study to see where it all go wrong for Hammer. A desperate attempt to keep with the times without having the needed talent any longer.

I also share your enjoyment of "Curse of the Crimson Altar". Such a weird little movie with an interesting cast. So contradictory in its scenes. Naked hippies and a sex scene were okay, but Steele´s pagan/devil/whatever dream sequence is ridicously fake.

"Fascination", Brigitte Lahaie with a scythe, what more do you need :-)

David A. Zuzelo said...

Thanks Andy,
I liked To the Devil... quite a bit, I thought it was fast paced fun that balanced out the inane with the exciting pretty well.
Of course, the ending...well, as I was walking my kids around for Halloween I kept hearing Christopher Lee use his best menacing voice on "I got a rock." from the Peanuts special.
I'll take Brigitte Lahie with almost anything in her hand, but a scythe is especially cool!